1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EA Doubler Quagmire

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Don Sibley, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm trying to decide between the EA Doubler and my Markbass Lil' Tube. I started looking for a higher powered amp because I finally got a gig on electric bass playing in a top 40 band.

I picked up the Markbass and fell in love with the sound. It's even pretty decent at amplifying my Realist pup which I used along with my Jazz fretless at a doubling gig the other night. People were pretty floored with the sound of the Fender but I heard the Pollmann came off a little muddy on the solos (maybe I could EQ that out).

Then I came across some guys on here that use the EA Doubler and I thought "I better check that out before I settle on the Markbass." The EA is definitely clearer and it has a lot of very useful, very smart options for using a microphone or having multiple tone settings and a lot of customization. Every time I mess with that thing I just feel like I'm dealing with a really well designed product with the highest quality standards.

So now I'm torn. I really want to be able to blend a mic and a transducer someday and even though the Markbass will do that, the EA obviously has an advantage there. But, I really want to be excited about my electric bass tone.:bassist:

I was thinking that maybe I could compromise by using a modeling pedal like the Tech 21 VT Bass Pedal for the electric. Thoughts???

2. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    I guess what I'm asking is: Will I be able to get a phat, warm EB tone with the EA and a Bass VT that will make me happy like the Markbass does?