EA i-amp 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tyburn, Jun 21, 2002.

1. right, just shoot a quick question in here.

I've had my iamp 350 combo (1x10) for about a week or so and i'm loving it.

What i would like are some suggestions for settings on the thing i've not got alot of time this week to play, or i would do it and have loads of fun. I have been playing around with it, but it tends to be at 1 in the morning and the family objects to loud volumes ? :rolleyes:

if any owners would give me an i dea of there fav settings i'd be interested and i could show you mine ;)

I'm playing an Overwater active 5 string though neck all maple, and a trb 5 fretless, FYI

I'd like to hear from other users

2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My favorite settings on my iamp600 are as follows: everything flat. I eq from the bass as I use several active 6's and a 7. Roscoe, Ken Smith and Modulus. I think EA amps are wonderful and sound best totally flat. I use an Epifani T212 with mine, also.
  3. thanks boog

tonedef is just jealous because i have mine and he doesn't, plus i'm a better bassists, hey TD?:)

sorry kids

4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

keep in mind, i was using a 1x12.

lets see, if i remember correctly: low mids pumped to about 2 o'clock, slider at left most position. bass flat, mids flat, highs pumped to about 2 o'clock with slider to right most position. brite on, deep switch on, everything else left alone. make sure the contour switches are off too. sometimes, i'll pull out some mids, with the slider near the middle or right side to keep me from masking the keyboardist.

and voila! joker tone! ;)
  5. great j

i'm really loving my EA amp, i'm eventually going to add a 1x12 i think, but for now i'm stoked with what i have, and a very lucky boy i am too :)

Also i really want a 6, GAS :( grrrr

If only i wasn't going to NYC in november, hey JJ ;)

theres quite a few NYC'ers in here isn't there, any advice as what to see, bass shops, live music venues, it's my first time.

6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey ty,

well, lets see...

first thing you should do is pick up a Village Voice. you can find them in most starbucks or newspaper stands for free. check out the music listings and you'll find lots o' cool stuff.

if you're an online bug like me, check http://newyork.citysearch.com. they've got the low down on the city. you can find the addresses to the places i mention on this site.

venue wise, want something hard rockin'? cant beat the Continental in the east village or CBGB's down the street for that matter.

singer/songwriter? right next door to CBGB's is CB's gallery. then there's the Living Room in the lower east side. right up the street is Arlene Grocery. has local acts of all sorts with a great bar to boot. in the mood for some honky tonk? try the Rodeo Bar in Kips bay. Want something even classier for your gf or wifey? try the Fez. has the Time restaurant upfront, moroccan lounge out back, and live choice local music downstairs. Cameron Dezen is a fav there.

in the mood for jazz? nothin' beats Village Vanguard. nothing. a little pricey, but well worth this institution. my first show there was a 1am of Jim Hall, and my g***** playing was never the same. ;) if you're on the cheap, there's Smalls down the street. incredibly smokey, but if you're lucky, someone like Joe Levano, or Roy Hargrove might stop by to jam with whomever at 3am. want something crazy and leftfield? Knitting Factory in Chinatown. Marc Ribot started up his residency, and is a treat to catch. speaking of residencies, you can always catch the great Les Paul on mondays at the Iridium which just moved into its new Times Square location.

How about a little r&b, hip hop, or even brazilian?? try S.O.B.'s in Tribeca. pretty much my second home. bar none, the best shows anywhere for the boogie down. where i learned all of my licks. ;)

then there's the slightly bigger venues that cater to the semi-famous, marquee acts like Irving Plaza, Bowery Ballroom, Beacon Theatre, the Bottom Line, the Blue Note, etc. using the Voice, you can see the big name acts playing.

shop wise, definitely give Rudy's a visit. on 48th between 6th and 7th ave. the prices are off the chart, and the guitar goons are in full force, but they've got some pretty nice bass wares, and Scott is actually one of the few nice guys there. on 50th st. & 9th ave. is Bass Boutique, where Jimmy's got his usual suspects of Aguilar, Fbass, Elrick. then just one stop out in brooklyn on the A train is Roger and his Sadowsky basses. well worth the trip to talk to the man himself.

sight seeing wise, i could go on for 10 more pages, but if you check the tour guide on the Citysearch site, its a great place to start. pretty much what i use for the relatives, when they come around town.

woah, wrote too much, but good luck and have a ball!
  7. cheers, thats a great reply, I'm going to do some research so i make the most of my time there!

If you come by my neck of the woods soon, give me ashout, we have loads to do :rolleyes: yeah right :)