Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA I-AMP 800 combo + Extension cab?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BOOTZY, Jul 22, 2004.

1. BOOTZY

BOOTZY

Mar 4, 2004
    Amal, Sweden
    Hello!

I own a EA I-AMP 800 combo which i´m very pleased with. But sometimes i drive the woofer into clipping, so i´m thinking of buying a cab to take off some of it´s burden a little...any ideas?

Does anyone own a similar combo and tried to hook up a CXL-112L with it?

I´m also interested in the NL-210 cab.

It would be fun to hear what you think.

Thanks,
    Bootzy

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    could get more replies of the none sarcastic kind in the "amps" section... no?

3. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Instrument Technician, Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    I have the iAmp800 with 2 NL210's. Best working rig I ever owned. Played a gig in a large bar that was equipped with a sound system and I was going through the board and using the NL's as monitors. A bass playing friend in the bar told me in the first break that he couldn't hear the bass very well, and since I couldn't find the sound guy, I disconnected the DI and turned up the volume on the iAMP. No one in the place could believe the result. I was heard everywhere and it was clear and unstrained sounding, and big without being boomy.

NYC Sadowsky into the iAMP800 feeding 2 NL210's and nothing else. Simple and LIGHT!