Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA iAmp 350 Combo Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 5bassman, Jun 22, 2005.

1. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    I read on a review of these that it was made where you can take the four screws out on top and put the head in a gig bag and play out with it. Anyone had any experience this way. I just told David I would buy his ( in the classifieds) after reading about this. Sounds like the perfect setup for me. Great practice amp at home and then take the head to church and plug in the cab there for Praise Band gigs! What your opinions?
    Jeff

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just got an iAMP350 from Jorg Schroeder. I had to open it up to reattach a loose wire and I noticed that the circuit boards read iAMP350combo. I then saw that the amp had screw holes on the side and top for the combo. So, yes, it's definately doable. I've got the carry bag as well and it's great.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Another option is to pick up a CXL110 and use the combo with it. That way you don't have to dismount the head. You'd be surprised at the kind of coverage you can get with that combo and another cab. I've played medium-sized restaurant/clubs and the drummer was just shaking his head, "So much bass out of such a small rig!" :D

4. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Anyone else happy or unhappy with theirs. Would now like a gig bag for the i350 head.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've had mine since yesterday and have gone through liking it and disliking it a few times already. I'm knowledgable when it comes to using eq's but this amp takes a little time and trial to find the sound that you're used to. The good news is that it has more sounds in there as well. I'm using mine with Bergantino 112's and I do remember liking it more when I first heard one with the EA110 cab (the combo). I don't like the amp enough to go out and buy EA cabs now (well, just don't have the cash to do so). Not to say it's a bad amp by any means I just prefer a different sound. I may keep this amp though because with the carry bag it's just so damn easy to bring to smaller gigs with a 112. I think with the EA cab you'll really like the amp. With two 110 EA's it'd be am amazing little rig for sure.

Boogiebass-have you had an oppurtunity to try the combo with an EA112 cab?