Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA iamp 350 or Acoustic Image Clarus?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    These seem very similiar, can someone let me know about power? I know what the specs on each are, but I am wanting something more than specs, let me know why you like one over the other, thanks, Marc

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    There is actually a thread on this subject. I think you would find the iAMP to be a much more versatile amplifier. It will also put out more power than the Clarus. The Clarus tone controls are really only to compensate for room acoustics. The iAMP has a much more versatile EQ section, and presets. If you are playing a lot of pickup gigs(Jazz, coffee house etc.) with Upright, or are doubling with electric, the Clarus would work great. Not to mention it only weighs 5 lbs! I think if you are looking for an amp to play a much broader range of music, the iAMP would be a better choice.

3. I noticed at Bassemporium.com that they quit listing the iamp350. (They had been out of stock and were waiting for a shipment.) Then I went to the iamp website and it is no longer there either. I assume that they only manufacture the iamp800 now.