EA iamp 350 or Acoustic Image Clarus?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    These seem very similiar, can someone let me know about power? I know what the specs on each are, but I am wanting something more than specs, let me know why you like one over the other, thanks, Marc

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    There is actually a thread on this subject. I think you would find the iAMP to be a much more versatile amplifier. It will also put out more power than the Clarus. The Clarus tone controls are really only to compensate for room acoustics. The iAMP has a much more versatile EQ section, and presets. If you are playing a lot of pickup gigs(Jazz, coffee house etc.) with Upright, or are doubling with electric, the Clarus would work great. Not to mention it only weighs 5 lbs! I think if you are looking for an amp to play a much broader range of music, the iAMP would be a better choice.
  3. I noticed at Bassemporium.com that they quit listing the iamp350. (They had been out of stock and were waiting for a shipment.) Then I went to the iamp website and it is no longer there either. I assume that they only manufacture the iamp800 now.