1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EA IAMP 600....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rob_d, Dec 12, 2003.

1. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    I'm almost a little afraid to post this after reading the IAMP/Aggie thread below...but does anybody have any experience with the IAMP 600? Is it the same as the 800, less the wattage? I know it's discontinued, so I've had a hard time gathering info..but I can get one used and was looking for some feedback from those that have tried or owned one.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I own two and always have one in the vehicle for backup at all my gigs. The amp lacks headroom, IMO, at least for my cabs and what I do. But it has a reasonably transparent sound (as amps go!) and it's quite versatile. It's a bit heavy, too. And the tuner is finicky and can easily give you incorrect readings if your bass eq is extreme or you don't feed it enough signal.

OTOH...

I really like 'em. They have a strong "centered" sound that seems to allow the bass' native tone to come through. I've had great luck driving a single Bergantino HT112 with one for small gigs and I also like the 600 running an Epifani T212.

EA's service is absolutely top-notch or at least it has been for me. One of mine, a very early model (serial number 0003) needed repair and they did it quickly and ridiculously cheaply and were very forthcoming in describing the problem, even throwing in an upgrade while they had it.

If you don't need a lot of wattage, have reasonably efficient cabs and like an amp sound that is rather un-colored with good clarity, I think you'd definitely appreciate an iamp600.

PS: The model numbers denote the wattage into a 4 ohm load.