Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA iAMP 800: Block Diagram Wanted...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jar240, Sep 7, 2004.

1. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

Hey folks! I received my new EA iAMP 800 Combo yesterday, and saw that it has a parallel effects strip instead of the tuner. Does anyone have a block diagram for the head so I can plan my rig?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    How does it sound?

3. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

How does it sound?

Let's see. It was a folk gig with upright & side bass (me), drums, electric guitar and mandolin & acoustic guitar. The iAMP800 combo sounds pretty good to my ears. In all honesty, I didn't have time to mess with the EQ section, but it did the job -- especially with the "Deep" button depressed.

My upright bass [Realist pickup] sounded okay as is ---> In spite of the fact that the literature for the head claims that the high-impedence input can handle piezo-type pickups, I had a better overall sound using my Acoustic Image Clarus [EQ'ed flat] as a preamp.

I was surprised that depressing the speaker on/off switch doesn't actually disconnect the speaker, but mutes the output or input of the preamp (there was still a hiss coming out of the speaker with the speaker "off").

I'm sure there was some of the "holy-****-I-just-paid-how-much-money-for-this-thing" effect colouring my judgement in favour of the iAMP, but I have several gigs coming up on eletric & upright in several different styles of music, so that'll put it through the test. So far, I'm impressed but there's still some sticker shock.

I'm unloading my Clarus/Contra combo and Bag End D10X-D/Eden VT-.40 rigs in favour of this -- I hope it's the right decision.

Anyhow, does anyone have a block diagram for ithe iAMP 800?

Thanks,
    Chris