Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA iAmp 800 with or without the tuner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Dec 15, 2005.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is there any other differeces internally in the iAmp 800 with the sabine tuner on the front when compared to the latest iAmp 800?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    none whatsoever,

but i gotta say, the tuner on mine was pretty darn handy, given my rather absentmindedness.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks! That is great news. I found a used iAmp 800C combo (with tuner) in great shape that a guy is willing to trade for my Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub. Is that a fair trade?

Attached Files:

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I certainly like the tuner feature. Very handy. :D However if I ever sell my tuner equipped iAMP it wil give me an opportunity to buy one of those Pederson Strobe thingys.

As for the trade. I can't really advise you there. I guess if both parties are happy then its a good trade.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    not really,

i feel sorry for the bloke trading you. :p :smug: :D

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    He-he. Let´s hope he´s not watching this then. :bag:
    Keep in mind that we both live in Sweden where new and used prices are quite different from the ones in the USA. No one here have ever heard of EA it seems. Lakland have a better resale value as they are more known in Europe.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I dig the tuner, too, but with or without, it's still one of my favorite amps.

Tom.

8. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Yes. A parallel effects loop is in its place, so you have both a parallel and series effects loop to choose from. The tuner model only has the serial effects loop.