EA iAMP Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joeeg33, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Hi All,
    I am new here and had a question for anyone using the iAmp combo with the 1x10" coax.
    Just got the amp 3 days ago. When I got it home I noticed a little flutter in the speaker, even at low volumes. Well, the speaker blew at my gig last night. I wasn't really pushing the thing, I had the master on 4. I play a 4 string spector, USA and run it flat with just the bass control pushed a hair. As for the amp settings, I ran it flat with just the contour I switch and bright switches engaged. It was sounding amazing. All of a sudden the speaker just went, great fuzz tone .... Ha Ha.
    So, what is the experience some of you are having with this amp. I am suspecting the thing was on it's way out when I picked it up. It is brand new, but was a floor model. Hopefully EA is real good with customer support, I live in NJ where they are made and hope I can get a new driver tomorrow.
    I would appreciate any feed back.

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Believe me man, they are FANTASTIC with customer support. You have nothing to worry about. Really awesome guys.

brad cook
  3. Hey Brad,
    You were right about the service! Here it is Sunday, I wrote to EA and was answered by John. He said that he will UPS out a replacement speaker tomorrow!!!! Now that is the kind of company I want behind me.

4. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    I had a similar experience with my first VL-110. The speaker came with a rattling cone -the shipper had beaten it up in transport. I sent it back to Club Bass and Dave put a new speaker in for me. The EA guys are great too. I run the iAmp 600 with 2 CXL-110's and I love this rig!
  5. malibu

malibu Guest

Dec 26, 2001
    I picked up my EA VL-110 in pretty much mint condition from cb1 here on talkbass earlier this year . . .and now starting to look at the iAMP Combo too --
    it's nice to know about EA's customer support if I will ever need them.