EA iamp350 Combo vs. Ash ABM C110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AJClone, Mar 6, 2003.

1. AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
    Does anyone have any good comparisons of these two small combos? Warmth, tone flexibility, etc.? Reliability, etc.

2. AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the iAMP combo has the most "pow" per "wow" i've ever witnessed in a small combo. i'm sure the Ashdown sounds fine in its own right, but the iAMP just has major punch.

it's very exact and transparent. Warm isnt a word i'd associate with it. but that doesnt mean it doesnt sound righteous, cause it does. razor sharp highs, and chest thumping low end.

but it does weigh as much as a small whale. :eek:

if you want warm, i'd prolly look at an all Eden setup ala an Eden WT400 head w/ an Eden CXM110 1x10, or better yet an Aguilar GS112 1x12.

the Eden head weighs only 15 lbs. just like the iAMP350 head in the combo. but the Eden 1x10 weighs 25 lbs. i had both, but learned the hard way that the Eden 1x10 doesnt have nearly enough low end as it should for my praise team.

the GS112, however, had plenty of bowel moving low end, and was warmer than sweet milk before bedtime. and, it weighed nice and light at only 39 lbs.

both together would make for a sweetly warm low endy booty shakin' good time.
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I agree with joker. I had the opportunity to play through an iAMP and was very impressed with the sound out of such a small package. Again, I have never played through the Ashdown so I really can't comment on those.

In hindsight I wish I would have waited and purchased the iAMP over my current setup, which is an Ampeg SVT-4PRO through a 1X15 bottom. Not exactly the most back friendly set-up.