EA iAMP800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by banditcosmo, Jan 8, 2003.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I just got an email from Euphonic Audio and it said the iAMP800 will be shipping the week of Jan 21 !!
    I might just have to order on of these baby's.
  2. EAGary

EAGary Registered User

May 27, 2002
    You won't be disappointed. It will be well worth the wait.

Gary Gibilisco
    EA, Inc.
  3. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    That's what I like to hear, Gary!

I have one on order!
  4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hey EAGary, I've got a couple of the VL210's. Man those things are awesome. Just thought you'd like to know. I've been looking seriously at the CXL 112 lately. Love your products. Keep it up.
  5. DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey EAGary!

I just placed an order for an iAMP-800 with Bass Northwest last night. Any strings you can pull (pun intended) to direct one of them off the assembly line my way would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I thought long and hard about getting a Walter Woods (mainly due to the small size), but in the end am getting an AI Clarus 2R for the small gigs and the iAMP-800 for the bigger ones. Gives me a backup option as well.

Waiting patiently for the iAMP...

6. EAGary

EAGary Registered User

May 27, 2002
    Hello Dan:

A bunch of 800's will be going out next week, so you should be getting yours soon.

Thanks for your continued support.

Gary Gibilisco
    Euphonic Audio, Inc.
  7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I had the opportunity to play the iAMP800 through a pair of Cxl12L's at the BASS BASH. The sound was awe inspiring. Really filled the room. The bass was warm without being muddy and the highs were sweet. Even through all my chordal work and looping every note was crystal clear. I was really in heaven. It was also cool to look up and see John Dong standing there with a big smile on his face, knowing the amp was doing exactly what he expected it to do. (But then again, John is always smiling).

I know my 800 is being shipped this week and the anticipation is building.

Gary, thanks for all your hard work and design excellence

Mike Dimin
  8. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Whats the news on the new NL-210s?!?!?!:D
  9. DBasica

Jan 6, 2003
    Thanks for the update Gary. And thanks for keeping in touch with customers like us. You, Bob Lee (QSC), and others like you go well above and beyond the call of duty to keep us informed. We do appreciate it.

10. EAJohn

EAJohn Euphonic Audio

Dec 4, 2002
    NL-210 Specs
    size: 17"W x 22 5/8"H x 15"D
    weight: 43 lbs
    response: 45Hz to 16KHz
    Power: 500Watts(127 dB)
    Sensitivity: 100dB
    Woofers: 10" Kevlar Neodymium
    Tweeter: 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" Horn
    Crossover: damped 4th ordered@3.0KHz

John Dong
    Euphonic Audio Inc.
  11. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Are you guys trying to get the same tone/sound as your traditional 210 cab with the neo speakers or are you trying to achieve something different? I notice the low hz is not as low as with your other 210, is it? Also, you're using a different tweeter or midrange driver than you could with the regular concentric woofer/tweeter combo right?

I guess what I'm asking, are you trying to do what Epifani is doing which is to give us the same or as close to the same sound as your current offerings in a significantly lighter cabinet using the neo speakers or are you offering another "tone choice" for EA's that happens to be lighter too?

Larry Kaye
  12. EAJohn

EAJohn Euphonic Audio

Dec 4, 2002

The NL-210 is the same size as the CxL-210 with similar sensitivity so the low end is the same. The VL-210 has a larger cabinet with less sensitivity so it consequently can go lower. The Kevlar cone of the NL-210 has a better response profile in the region from 200Hz to 800Hz than the paper cone of the CxL-210. The phase plug on the NL-210 smoothes out and extends the high end to past 4.5KHz which allows us to use a tweeter that goes out to 16KHz. The tweeter section of the CxL-210 goes to 14KHz. The strength of the NL-210 is that the neo Kevlar woofer has a flat response from 100Hz to 1KHz within +/- 1dB. This accuracy has given the NL-210 a remarkable amount of resolving power. In pursuing a lightweight solution we have developed an exceptional driver. It may may sound strange but we at EA strive to be "Toneless" in that we want to accurately replicate what the Bass instrument is doing and not introduce any colorations. So the tone that you get with our products is strictly due to the instrument and the techniques of the player. We are conducting our own field tests to see how everything holds up.

John Dong

Euphonic Audio Inc.
  13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Being a low-freq kind of guy who also likes the punchy-ness of 10s, I bet the CxL-112 together with a NL-210 might possibly side-track me away from my current lust for a Bag End S15B-D + D10BX-D set-up.

I better check em out.
  14. AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY

Your Bag End configuration must be nice but you might want to give the 112 and 210 combination a try.

I use a 112 cab & 210 together with a mono head. Both cabs have the same sensitivity so the balance is good. The different speaker sizes compliment each other well. The combination of these two cabs sound great and also gives me the portability and versatility I need.

15. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Yeah. I see you have a CxL-112 and an Eden 2x10.
    I was thinking last night that the CxL-112 might match up well with a BE D10BX-D (good low end w/better portability than a 70lb S15B-D).

I have said elsewhere in the forums that I have played through and (with my bass) really like the sound of Aguilar GS112 together with their GS210.
    The GS112 has a better bottom and the GS210 has better punch and midrange.

My current leading choices for 2x10's are between the new EA NL-210, BE D10BX-D, & the GS210.
    Fundamental support: EA CxL-112, BE S15B-D, & Agie GS112 (one or two).

It could be just the sound of my stock StingRay5's pickup, but I didn't care for the midranges of the Epifanis or the Bergies 1x12s (haven't listened to their nx10s yet).

Comments here on the Bergie HT322 have me wantng to listen to one (just not sure about the size and weight). Hevos' info looks interesting as well. There are a lot of cabs I haven't heard yet that I would like to.
  16. AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY

I noticed two things on the Bag End web sight that you are probably aware of and would want to take into consideration. One is that the D10BX-D is 4 ohms and the other is its sensitivity is 100db. Unless you use a stereo amp you might have a problem with balance between the two cabs because the cxl-112 has a sensitively of 103db. The other is the ohm load. The cxl-is 8 ohms and the D10BX-D is 4 ohms. Can your amp run well with under a 4 ohm load?
  17. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I currently have a Nemesis NC-210P and the answer is "No".

The current leading contenders for my future front end are a SansAmp RBI and a pair of QSC PLX1202's which I would run bridged and use the output controls to balance between the two sides.
    I would probably use one affected output into one of the amps and one unaffected output into the other (experiment between the two cabs to see which way sounded better).