1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EA NL-210 enough for medium sized gig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    For those who own or have owned a EA NL-210 is it enough for medium sized gig? Volume level would be average rock band level. Nothing drastic.

Also what is the tonal difference between the NL210 and the Wizzy?

thanks!

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I do not have a wizzy, so I can't compare the two for you.

I routinely (at least once a week) use my nl-210 to handle not only stage volume, but also front of house. It keeps up with a fender blues deluxe (112), also a Fender de'ville (410), a sax, a keyboard through a powered mackie 115 monitor, and drums with only the kick mic'd. Of course, we aren't idiots trying to get into a volume war either. Won't give you that giant wall of sound that an 810 will, but it handles FOH duties and sounds wonderful doing so. I'm an quite frankly astonished at how much volume this thing puts out for a 210, as well as how good it sounds.

Sounds balanced, with a slight thickening in the low mids. Thick compared to my studio monitors (alesis m1 mkII's)anyway. It still sounds more balanced than any other cab (barring my cxl-112) that I've used. The only time I need two cabs are when I am playing medium large venues with no FOH support for bass.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, I was wondering about that "wall of sound" thing. At the rehearsal studio I go to I often use Ampeg 8x10s, 2x15s or 4x12s. But there is no way I want to haul those around. They are also way overkill for the amount of volume I need, but dang they sound nice!

since these nl-210s dropped to 37LBS they are getting highly attractive to me as a single cab solution. One of my older wizzys weighs 33.

4. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    37 lbs? Wow, that is getting down there. Mine weighs in the mid forties, and I find it to be pretty fly weight. I know my older, non-light cxl-112 weighs noticeably more than my nl-210. Eventually these cabs are going to get so light, that I'll need a heavier head on top of them to keep them from getting blown away by the breeze from the A/C.

5. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Where did you see this? EA site still says 44lbs.

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I read it somewhere. Probably TB.