EA NL210 Has Arrived...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Sep 7, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ... and i havent played it yet... ;)

but my iPod is giving the speakers a nice jog. hopefully, after about 72 hours of straight motown, some Oteil, some Parliament/Funkadelic, a little early Jamiroquai, and maybe a few Ron Carter Nonet numbers, the speakers'll ease into their bad selves.

and hopefully, some of that mojo of those guys'll seep in there as well. :p

still, picking it up was a breeze. the handles make ALL the difference, and i forgot how cool the outer, non-carpetted covering looks. no lingering cigarette smoke here. course, Mayor Mike was a part of that, too. ;)

next week, after a proper breaking in of the cab, i'll post up some inital findings after a few rehearsals.
  2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I wondered about the breaking in period when I snagged my NL-210, so I emailed EA. The response was that an hour at moderate volume was plenty to get everything seated/settled in. Just in case you felt like trying that cab out a little earlier.....

PS: Good choice on the P-funk. My ringtone is Flashlight.
  3. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    hehe next week, you've got patience
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    thx K,

i was told the same thing w/ my Epifani UL310, but it sounded waaaaaaaaaaay better, after my 72 hrs of funkified goodness, i.e. bigger low end, fatter midrange, more detailed highs. and mind you, i'm not playing the music all that loud. a good below whatever i'm watching on adult swim.

and yea, john,

like a good souffle, the patient are well rewarded. :cool:
  5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    My favourite cabinet . . .well depending on the gig . . . sometimes its a Wizzy. Enjoy.
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    We all eagerly await the jokerlicious full review! :p
  7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Drama Queen!

Hook it up!

8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

when am i not? ;)
  9. pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003

Where's the review? :bag:

10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey pedro,

well, since you asked, my iAMP bit the dust. :( i had it hooked up to my iPod to break in the speakers of the NL210, and after two days of straight playing, my iAMP decided to up and die. :( sparks, a few pops, crackles, and finally a nice billowy ploom of smoke.

but Gary at EA is the man. dropped the amp and cab off to him, just case that either one wasnt the culprit. thankfully, he said it'll all be ready by monday. SO, report to come after a week's worth of rehearsal, and next weekend's first real gig. :cool:
  11. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Wow... any pix? :p

Just kidding... sorry to hear 'bout the iAmp, sounds like EA support is as good as it's cracked up to be...
  12. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Nice choice of music :p

I want pics ASAP.