1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EA or Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MOSCOWBASS, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I use an EA iamp800 with NL210 and CXL112. How would a Schroeder 21012 compair with my EA speakers? I have no way of trying a 21012.

:help:Thanks

Iain H

2. Hello. I'm familiar with that head and all three of those cabs. I did not like the matchup of the iAmp800 with the 21012. Where the NL210 and CXL112 are quite mid punchy and very even sounding, the 21012 is somewhat scooped, with a lot of low bass, and a bit of a hole in the upper mids. Since the iAmp800 (IMO and IME) is 'big in the lows and very smooth in the mids', that combination sounds too wide and scooped for me... big and deep and loud, but lacks articulation and definition to my ear.

If you are looking for a single cab solution that keeps the punch of the NL210 and matches up well with the iAmp800, I would suggest the 1212L. It's smaller than the NL210, and will be louder. The 1212L with the contour I engaged is a very nice, punchy, tight single cab solution (it's 4ohms). It's not quite as 'pretty and even' as the NL210, but is louder and more forceful in the mids.

IMO!

3. Thanks for that! Not being able to try these things is frustrating, and there might be a touch of "the grass on the other side of the fence is greener".:meh:
    I had gas for a db750 recently, but I've got over that now.:hyper:

4. ........or he can just get a schroeder, and dial the lows in at a lower volume. my personal worst problem is I can get as trebly a sound as I could like any day of the week, but when it comes to using effects or playing out in a venue that needs it, wheres all that low end I have? having a cab you can dial that into when you need @$$ thumping like hell is a very good thing.