Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA Service is incredible

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheCreature, Oct 18, 2002.

1. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I've had three opportunities to contact EA's service dept. All were great experiences.

Yesterday I sent an email wanting to know how to repair the driver in my CXL-110 (some of the cone was torn where that terminal wire meets the back of the cone). It made a subtle old style fuzz tone type buzzing noise. I figured a little silicon, etc. The email reply had a tracking number for a new driver they were sending out, explaining how they would issue a UPS call tag to pick up the old driver. No questions asked. No out of pocket $$ for me. I'm not even the first owner of this cab! - I bought it off Harmony Central.

On my VL210s the stacking corners didn't match - a design change happened between the time I bought the first cab and the second one. I sent EA an email asking about purchasing the new style corners. A couple days later a priority mail package showed up w/ eight new corners. No charge.

Again with the VL210s, I sent an email asking about switching the impedance from 8 to 4 ohms. John said send the old drivers in and we'll ship you new ones. Again, no charge.

EA stuff is expensive for sure, but this kind of attention, especially in this economy, is not the norm. There's an underlying culture at this company where the only thing that matters is that the customer be up and running.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My experiences have been similar. Even when I bought the iAmp350 and it turned out to not be enough "ooomph" for the particular model of 4x10 I had and I sent it back the guys they were amazing. During the time I had it I had some questions too and I talked to John and Gary and both of those guys were so into answering my questions and getting me squared. They were also very courteous about the return. I hope to try out some other EA products that are for me in the future so I can purchase some keepers.

brad cook

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Wow, this is good to know. I own the iamp600 and am quite fond of it for small rooms. These guys have always struck me as a bit aloof on the phone. Glad to hear they do the customer service thing right!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That was my first impression too!! It's completely not reflective of the service.

brad cook

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I've spoken with John and Larry on the phone regarding a shipping damage issue. No issues with them, great to talk to, great service.