1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EA stopped making combos?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seanm, Apr 13, 2009.

1. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have an iAMP500C and love it. But I notice that the EA site no longer lists the combos, nor does Bob Gollihur.

I guess most people wanted the flexibility of a separate head and cab.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You know, I'm coming around to that line of thinking. When you're dealing with amps smaller and lighter than your average dictionary, all of a sudden combos don't make as much sense as they once did. That's why I sold my Markbass combo and kept the LMII. So it takes a minute longer to set up...big deal. I'd rather have the flexibility myself.

BTW, does anyone else but me think it's kind of lame for a 6 lb. head being offered in a combo with no way to take it out and use it with other cabs, when it's easily accomplished? Love Markbass, but that's my one beef with them.

3. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    That was one of the selling points of the iAMP500C for me; I can remove the amp and use it by itself if I need to. Or use the cab without the amp. I have only removed the head once since buying the combo, but it is nice to know I can.