EA VL110 vs. CXL110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstrader, Jan 14, 2005.

1. I'm considering one of these two cabs. Other than efficiency, how would you characterize the differences? I'l be driving them with a Roscoe 5 through an ashdown MAG300. Any other little speakers I should consider? The Ampeg PB110 didn't do it for me.
  2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I know that the CX110 fits perfectly on top of my 112XLT turned on end and it looks really cool. Doesn't sound bad either.
  3. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    I had 2 VL-110's which I sold when the CXL-110's came out. I sold one of those and got a CXL-112 when they came out.

So, I have a bit of history with EA! :hyper:

I changed to CXL's because of their much greater efficiency. They are something like 2x as loud at the same amp setting. Also a little lighter. The mid-driver on the VL series is very sweet sounding indeed, and I do miss that a bit, but the bottom end is still quite full for such a light and small cab.

Great customer service as well!
  4. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    I also had a pair of VL110's and switched to the CXL110's when they came out and then switched back to the VL110's. Also had the CXL112. Then I bought a Berg HT112 and now I can't listen to the EA stuff. Get a Berg and be done!!