Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA VL110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jon R, Jun 21, 2002.

1. I may have found the perfect cab to complete my Mesa WalkAbout/Aguilar GS112 rig... the Euphonic Audio VL-110. :cool:

If it does what I expect it to do, it will add the tightness/punch of a 10 inch speaker and the hi-fi characteristics of a 3-way box. I looked on their european website and was able to still get quite a bit of info, except for its sensitivity. I know the CxL-110 is rated at 103dB and my GS112 is 102dB (or 100dB depending on who you ask)... but does anyone know the sesitivity of the VL-110?

Thanx... when I'm finally able to finish this rig it's going to be great, now it's time to hunt one down and give it a try!!!

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I seem to recall a value of around 98dB. But that's a 6-month or so old memory.

But I think it's at least 2-3dB lower than the Aggie - hopefully that's not enough that it won't be heard. I'm curious about that combination.

I've been pondering getting a couple of the GS112s, or maybe two VL-110s, or maybe one CXL-112 . . . :) of course I need to get off my butt and go down to BNW one of these days and try them (though I don't think they have any of the VLs anymore).

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I didn't get a chance to try my GS112 with my VL110. I did try the GS112 with an Eden D210XLT and don't remember it complementing the Eden very well. Now that I think of it I never tried the XLT with the VL cab either.

IMO the Aggie and the EA have two different sounds. Two of either together sounded very good but I'd be surprised if one of each together did.

Hey, stranger things have happened.

4. Hmmm. I'm gonna have to hunt up a VL-110 to give it a try... and then a GS112, and then a HT112, and then a T-110, and then a.... heck this could be LOTS of fun! :D :D

5. i'd suggest trying the cxl 112 it's a very focussed mid range cab that complements a single 1x10 very well.

Although sticking to brands usually has better adioable results, sometime you can suprise yourself through mix and match :)

stu