Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA VL208 Mid and Tweeter settings

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by cole-emma, Feb 12, 2005.

1. cole-emma

cole-emma

Apr 12, 2004
    Hello All. Another worshiper of the great VL208. I haven't seen this particular point disected yet so here goes . . .

Curious about other players experiences with the tweeter and mid attenuator on the vl208. How do you set your cabinet?

No tweeter? Some mid??

My set-up. . .

Carved 3/4
    Full circle no preamp
    WW Amber
    VL208 . . . 1 or 2 cabinets
    Currently Spiro Stark E & A Pirastro Permanent D & G

I've been using mid at full clockwise and the tweeter full counterclockwise. But always tweeking. I believe the attenuator is flat at 12:00 with a cut counter-clockwise and boost clockwise. True ???

I would love to hear how others are setting it.
    Thanks,
    Lou

2. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    Mid all the way open tweet about halfway. More or less. Full Circle, PMBII, EA800 and two VL208.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That's exactly what I do, too.

4. I'm pretty much in the same range as the others. Mid between 1/2 and full on, tweeter anywhere between mid and closed depending on the room. New Standard La Scala, WW Ultra, AMT mic blended with just a little Realist (bottom of the sound only), 1 or 2 vl208s.

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Both back knobs at high noon. New Standard LaScala Hybrid/ Spiro Starks ---> Full Circle/AMT ---> AI Focus II ---> VL 208. I generaly cut the highs on the Focus.

6. Blue

Blue Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    That's what I do too .. mainly because it's a pain to reach behind and adjust these - a pet peeve on mine (I know why it's done, but for a buck three eighty they could be put on the front where one could actually make timely adjustments).