Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EA Wizzy 112 or Flite 112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jan 20, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    EA Wizzy 112 or Flite 112?

After much deliberation i have resolved to buy one of these cabs. My main needs are:

(in ranked order)

1. portability (i dont drive)
    2.volume
    3.Tone

The Flite is more portable, but the wizzy is louder I think.

Which one should I buy and why?

Besides evil bay anyone know where i could get one of these used?
    :)

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Never tried the flite, but the wizzy is hella loud for its size and has a great, warm, & at the same time articulate sound.

To get a better idea of your needs tell us what kind of gigs you will be doing with it.

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    My band plays mostly classic rock covers. We are not too loud, but this rig will have to be it for any future bands i may be in that may be louder.

If i was in a larger venue i could just use the di to the pa from my clarus and use the cab for stage volume.

One advantage the wizzy has is that its 4ohms so i could add another cab and get 2 ohms at 300watts out of the clarus. However, i really want to avoid the two cab approach as i dont drive and need to be super portable.

perhaps i could order the flite with a 4 ohm driver as well though.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have not tried the Flite 112 (though I have tried some of their cabs some time ago), but I wholeheartedly recommend the Wizzy. I am lucky enough to own a number of cabs, but the Wizzy is one of the most impressive, IMHO. It's combination of tone, volume, size, weight, and power handling is very impressive. It is really a great cab. One should do you pretty well, but I do like the sound that I get with two of them driven by my iAMP 800.

It's pretty hard to go wrong with EA, in my opinion.

Tom.

5. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    we'ren't you the guy that wanted a 4 ohm speaker? go for wizzy.

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    This is true. I am using one with a WalkAbout head and it sounds nice. I hear they sound awesome with a Clarus, too.