1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EADGC Flatwounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by gojirin, May 18, 2005.

1. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    I bought a Spectorcore 5 fretless 6 weeks ago and was about to sell it. I could not get used to the B string.This is my 2nd 5 string and I had the same problem with the first, a G&L 2500 Trib. I wish I could keep everything, but it's stupid to have unplayed basses when someone else will dig 'em.

A friend suggested to try dropping the B and adding a C. So I did and Boy Howdy, it's more fun than 2 beer hats.

The strings on it currently are round wounds, but the C is a different make and sounds it(not too bad,though). My experience with fretless is less than my experience with 5 strings, but from reading through the forum flatwounds are the way to go.

I would love to hear anyones advice on flatwounds on fretless basses or on EADGC for that matter. What I like about the current mystery rounds is their singing tone.
    I know that doesn't explain much, but let me know what you like.

Oh, this is my first experience with a Spector bass so I really don't have any preconceptions there.

Fenders, I'm an opinionated butthead about...

And thanks!