Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EADGCF strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mw, Jun 30, 2004.

1. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    i'm contemplating trading for a cheap six string (or buying if i can afford it) to string it EADGCF.... but i don't know if a 6 string set is made like for that. there only seem two options: 1) buy a 7-string bass set (expensive!) or 2) see if fender bass VI strings will fit the 34" scale (cheap!).

anyone know of a company that packages EADGCF strings?

2. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    buy a 4 string set then add the 2 missing strings. It's a lot cheaper then a 7 string set and a lot easier to find. The fender VI strings might work for the E and f, the tuning keys are closer to the top nut, but I wouldn't bet on the rest of them working.

Most internet store have a very wide variety of single strings, it shouldn't be a problem for you to build yourself a set you like form most manufacturers. By the way, the f bothers you; d'Addario guitar strings fit most 34 inch bass (if the anchor points aren't to far apart that is...)

take care
    PL

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Drop Conklin a line - they produce their own strings I believe, and ought to be able to provide you with what you need.