Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eagle bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Theodeus, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Theodeus

Theodeus

Jan 18, 2004
    Sweden
    Have anyone heard of those basses before? I thought they looked nice enough for a first fretless, with active electronics, sting-trough-body, ebony fretboard. Supposed to be very light too. Has anyone played one? It's only $599. Is that a bad sign with those specs? :smug:

[​IMG]

2. strummer

strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Sweden
    They are designed by a guy called Jerker Antoni (sometimes in collaboration with bass players), and mostly sold at their stores www.jam.se
    I think the headstock is really ugly, but apart from that the basses aren't bad.
    The instruments are made in Korea.

3. Just adding to what strummer just said: Some of the Eagle instruments are, or have been, sold under the Brownsville brand in the USA. Not sure if this is still the case in general or with the AB-series, but you might get more replies if you added "Brownsville" to the title of your thread.

I personally haven't played any Eagle basses from the series you're interested in, but I can't see why the one pictured above wouldn't be a nice first fretless. Just make sure you play it before you buy, along with some similarly priced fretlesses if possible. Good luck!

4. Theodeus

Theodeus

Jan 18, 2004
    Sweden
    Is it still a "nice" fretless if you are playing a Geddy Lee jazz bass as your main instrument right now? Ah well... I guess I have to find one and play it :smug:

5. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    I have tried a bass that looks just like that but was fretted. I loved it, how many frets are they, 26, 28? I loved that and the body weight was balanced and good. I must be the only one i personally know that likes the head design. The pickup and the electronics was the thing i liked the least, but since i'm a Seymour Duncan fan if i got one i would pop one of those pups in and the electroncs from them too. The paint looked great IRL for being korean made, in fact i liked it alot. The fret access to the higher frets was ok too.

6. Theodeus

Theodeus

Jan 18, 2004
    Sweden
    Cool!

I think the fretted version is 26 frets. There's five and six sting models too. The paint doesn't look too bad here either! :D

Anyone else?