Eagles vs. Steelers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Oh man who can predict this game?

The perfect Eagles against the New England Killers?

Any thoughts other then NFL sucks?

This is a must see game
  2. I'm excited. Ben Roethlisberger truly just might be the second coming of Dan Marino (as most sportswriters are saying). But Philadelphia has been flawless this season. I hope they air the game in my market.

In football, I don't owe any team a particular allegiance, I like most of them.
  3. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Man, that's a tough call because the Eagles and Steelers are on a roll right now.

I'm going to go with the Steelers, because Ben Roethlisberger is on fire right now.

I am not a fan of Terrell Owens showboating, but the man can back it up. Did Jim Brown act like an @$$ after he scored? Didn't think so.
  4. During WWII, there was a general shortage of men to play pro football. The Eagles and Steelers combined to form a team called the "Steagles."

The Chicago Cardinals also combined to call themselves the Card-Pitt "Carpets."

It's true.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm from Pittsburgh. I've been a fan since I was born. Good times for us Steeler fans right now.

Once again, the game of the week. All of the "experts" seem to be equally divided on this one. Me, I don't see how Pittsburgh can lose. It has nothing to do with injuries either, both teams have significant ones. I like Pitt's defense against the Eagles. Philly only put up 15 against the Ravens, another good defense. That won't be enough points against Ben/Deuce/Plaxico/Hines/Jerome. I just think Pitt can score more points than Philly. Which, as you all know, is the real key to winning any sporting event. :)

6. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I don't follow football, but for some reason I have been and am a fan of the Steelers. Therefor I think they will win.
  7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, I had been an eagles fan for about 15 years, and gave up on them after their third choke in an NFC championship game, to go with the Cleveland Browns (hey, at least we KNOW they suck!)

Being a Brown backer now, I am supposed to hate the Steelers. However, Ben Roethlisberger is from my small home town of Findlay, OH., so their is some pride involved. He seems like a really good guy too......upon signing his contracts, he donated quite a substantial amount of money to the Findlay Police and Fire Departments. I really hope to see him continue to do well!

Oh yeah, Pitts by 10.
  8. I am very devided...

the rookie QB who is absolutely playing with no word to describe... but I am a fan of Owens and McNabb

something tells me it is gonna be one sided...

for the sake of proline though... my thoughts.... philly by 10
  9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Philly hasn't lost, but they also haven't been flawless.
  10. JimK

Dec 12, 1999

11. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...as opposed to the NHL?
  12. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Amen. Their past 2 games have been squeakers; a team does need some adversity during the season to see if they have what it takes to overcome it. Best to find out sooner vs. later.

For my money, Jazzbo's undefeated & flawless "Jazzers" can take either team from from PA!
    (The lucky Yutz!)
  13. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
  14. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I may live in Charlotte, but the Panthers are sucking. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, I miss it. Been to Philly it's cool, but not as cool as the 'Burgh. Go Steelers!!! :hyper:
  15. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I got a feeling, Steelers, baby!
  16. I feel your pain! :mad:
  17. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Its the fourth quarter and the Steelers are ahead 27 to 3. Looks like the Steelers have this one in the bag. :hyper:
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ahhhhhhhhh................the satisfaction of being right again. Another week, another win.

Lot's of road games ahead, all of them pretty much an easy win with the exception of the Jets in a few weeks. No need for Steelers fan's to get too excited yet, eight more games to go.

19. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Yup, I know what you're talking about. The typical Pittsburgh meltdown...I'm at least expecting it to happen deep into the playoffs, though...
  20. thanks for the grammar correction

I rather the NHL but without it, football is the the sport

I was right, one sided... steelers though

held philly to a field goal... imopressive