EAR AD4096 on bass vidja

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by behndy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    oof. this thing is AMAZING. so damn good.

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Can't watch now but will soon, SCHWING

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I can't read your notes as they blend with the dark background on the right side of the frame :-(

4. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Awesome dude!!!

5. bludog

bludog

Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    That's ****ing awesome... I've always wanted one of these guys. That expand switch!!!

Only downside is no trails but that's to be expected with any analog delay.

6. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Owner, Handlebar Moustache In Memoriam

Oct 20, 2010
    Connecticut
    Other downside is the hefty $$$.$$ - still want one though

7. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    urg. it's such a bad color palette to put text over. white disappeared on the bottom, black gets lost in the middle. my bad.

eeeee! thanks Pimp Knuckles!

yah. i'm always torn on trails/no trails. i have a two output setup so i could kill the input signal on something with no trails and let the output did naturally and still play over that on the other side, so i kinda dig when you have the option. i always liked the big bIG BIG NOISE STAHP cutoff you can do with a no trails box too though?

oof. feel ya. these buggers are NOT cheap. i got it second hand from Sechsy Exxxy Caner, and it was as pristine as shipped from the builder, but yah. a fair bit of scratch.

BUT. it's just so damn PRETTY. i don't regret the purchase at allllllllllll.

8. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Wow very nice!!!

9. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    thanks Sterlz!

it's... it's so GOOD.

10. Nice video. I'm looking hard at the Caroline Kilobyte, which is very similar, in spirit at least, to the EAR, but at almost half the price.

11. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    neat! the Kilobyte looks cool too.

the main differences seem to be the EAR is analog while the Kill is digital, and the thing i like a lot about the EAR is that the two different sides (Delay and Echo) sound so different and react in such different ways that blending the two gives a ton of tonal options.

also, there's something different about how the way analog signals oscillate and feedback than digital, and i usually prefer the analog version.

soooooo... the Kilo DOES look cool, but they seem pretty different pedz to me.

12. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Woof. I don't like delay on bass, but that sounds amazing

13. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. that was me too. my arc was -

me - i don't like delay on bass.

Sousie - yes you do. here. borrow my TimeLine.

me - NO. i've had a red Malekko and the MXR one and other stuff don't like it.
    Sousie - **** off. check your mailbox.

me - WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT I DON'T LIKE DELAY ON BASS-oh. oh MY. wow. that is.... that is FUN. TRY ALL THE DELAYS.

Excane, poking out of a dark alley - ..... annnnnnybody wanna buy an EAR AD42816164&/b?

14. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast

Nov 29, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Holy crap. Nice work dude. I have to rethink how I have been using my CDR now. Might have to put some of the TFR into my chords and see if I can get the same textures you got with the TAFM. Freaking awesome.

15. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    oog. the TAFM is so weird. on the crappy BA115 ampeg combo (which i use flat as i can so it's just a power amp -> Ampeg 15) i have in the living room (that i'm going to have to ditch) it's.... meh. but then same preamp, into a power amp, into an Aggy GS112? TAFM is a beautiful, moving BEAST. so much texture and awesomeness.

i.... ugh. need to buy a FIFTH GS112 so i can have one for the living room i guess.

16. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    From my limited experience with the TAFM, it likes to be played super loud

17. bludog

bludog

Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    This is a very good point, in the ideal situation you can have both options because it sounds awesome to have that massive wall of oscillation build and build and then just kill it all abrupt.

So the takeaway is have a good digital (el Cap or timeline) and the EAR on the same board... or your very clever 2 output setup. Pretty clever indeed. :ninja:

18. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Amazing sounds!

Crap... Now the G.A.S. is building as I say to myself, "I NEED this!"

19. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California

lol. yesh. yesh it DOES. but even at the lower volumes with the fuzz maxed or the gate switch on (which maxes the fuzz) i can get some amazing fuzzy tones on my normal, Aggie 12 rigs. i just think this BA115 hates fuzz. even with the tweeter disconnected.

lol. i have like 9 things i need list on CL (basses and combos mostly) 'cause they're a pain to ship and i want to sell locally.

20. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. thank you suh. i'm lucky where my drum is good enough that he covers my sloppiness and we're trying out the drum and bass instrumental thingie.

been a BLAST and has made me think about my board in a much more urrrrr i need to be able to do THIS so i'm going to have route things THIS way style instead my normal OOOO I LIKE THAT PEDAL PUT IT ON THE BOAAAAAARD way.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021