Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ear candles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PaiMei, Dec 16, 2005.

1. PaiMei

PaiMei The Highwayman

***? My wife has been a massage therapist for a few years and recently began offering ear candling to her clients. She practiced on me and it's freakin' disgusting. There was a good 6 inches of wax that was sucked out of there. Anybody else have any experience with this?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    They are amazing, I feel so much better after I use them... better that 6 inches of wax in the candle than in your head.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I don;t know about this. Q-tips always worked great for me. Also, you do not want all the wax out, as this is an antiseptic barrier for your ears.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  5. I've been wanting to do it for years but haven't found a place locally that does it.

6. PaiMei

PaiMei The Highwayman

Hokey or not, I've got several inches of the stuff from my ears that ends up on a Qtip in that candle. I really am concerned that it's unhealthy. But that article actually made me feel better by saying that there is no connection between the ear canal and the sinuses/brain/etc. I kind of thought that there was a benefit to the sinus region. Oh well. No doubt it would suck to have candle wax end up on your eardrum. My only thought is that all that wax that was removed is there for a purpose. Why? Because billions of us walk around each day with that much wax and don't care. It's natural. What we don't know won't hurt us, right? I just can't believe there's that much of it in there...

7. The insides of my ears get incredibly itchy and anoying.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I store rock candy in mine.

brad cook

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I store brad cook in mine.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

BTW, can you turn off the hot air, it's getting warm in here.

brad cook