Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Ear" Candy, what do you think of my bands sound?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Artist, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Finaly we have a homepage with MP3 samples!
    Would appriciate your opinion on the trax.
    We could only upload three songs, but better than nothing

To check it out, click here-> PokeSmokerSociety

SCODI

2. Let me know what you think of the website, too:)

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Pretty good, I'm not a big fan of the genre, but it's pretty good...

[​IMG]

4. What kind of genre would you catagorize it?

I don't always look like that.

...not ALWAYS anyway:D

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    heh. It sounds punkish to me, but I know nothing of genres... it gets so hard what with all the fusions. I'd call it Bluegrasscore with ArtFunk Influence. :D

6. Sounds cool, I think I'll stick with that:D

7. whoa! that picture looks alot like Layne Staley.

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Not to sound like that Simon-arse on "American Idol, but;

- I think you're definitely "commercially viable"
    - Good recording
    - Excellent use of "space" by you on "Sunshine." Knowing when NOT to play is so underrated.
    - Could your guitarist lose the effects on some cuts, especially the phaser ??? (I know how guitarists are - you may have to hire a hit man)
    - Your bass-noodle at the end of the first cut cracked me up!!! You go girl!
    - You might think about making upbeat songs in the future. My expectation is that people are going to tire of this hard-edged, "doom and gloom" angst stuff soon. Linkin Park is over and Korn will be, too.
    - I thought the drummer was rather lost in the mixes. But maybe that's a good thing. I don't know your drummer. ;)

As I always say to anyone putting their music up in front of their peers - I admire your guts. That's essential in this biz!

9. Thx for the feedback!

Most of our songs are upbeat, but we dicided to upload those ones insted.

On wich song was there a Phaser? I don't think we even own a phaser (maybe we do!?)

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Glad to hear that. Having some diverse material will keep you from getting pigeon-holed. One-trick- ponies relying on "angst" and "doom and gloom" are getting stale fast, (just look at the awful year the recording industry just had, financially).

Could be just the quality of my connection, even though it's a cable connection. Every once in a while, I'll hear CD samples that have a "whoosh." Lower quality effects units, especially thin-sounding distortion boxes, seem to do that, too.

Anyway, I hope you all shop your music around soon if you aren't already.