1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ear infection before gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by brutal bassist, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Im opening for Bobby "blue" Bland tomorrow. and i have an ear infection, i cant hear out of one ear, how is this going to affect my performance tomorrow?

2. Do you Sing? If you sing, it will really get you. Otherwise I usually find myself all over that volume knob- going louder and louder.

IMO the mix will always be muddy.

3. Dave R

Dave R

Sep 21, 2007
    Boise, ID USA
    I know, I'm late.

How did the gig go?

My experience is, if you have one good ear, and you trust someone else to get your level right, you'll be fine.

Singing IS a problem when you have a plugged ear. You hear you in the bad ear, and nothing else.

4. the gig went just fine, bobby kept hacking into the mic and coughing, hes had it, i woulda liked to have seen him in his prime, but he is toast now, and i did just fine at the show, it was a really nice place