Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Apr 20, 2004.

1. i play in a blues/rock band, like stevie ray vuaghan our guitarest has fender super reverb reissue it is all tube and is very loud i have a 300watt amp and the drummer plays very loud. every time i come home from rehersal or gig my ears always ring. i guess every time that happens you loose some of your hearing which really scares the hell out of me. i cant afford custom fitted ear plugs so does any body know any good ear plugs under 50 bucks? how do they sound? the only ones i really know of are hearos. but there are like 8 to decide with, which ones are the best?
  2. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    As I type this, the "Hearing Loss & Earplugs" sticky thread is only four threads up the list from yours... check that yet?

3. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Look for the non-custom musician's plugs. They are only about $10-12 and use ER filters.
  4. I have good results out of ER-20s........easy to use, comfortable enough and they give good protection without sacrificing any of the frequency range! I'm on my second set....and will probably be getting more soon!
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    If you want to go really cheap, hero's are good foam plugs. You may not get the definition, but you sure do get the protection you need. They are like 5 bucks for about 10 sets, last I remember. Get some of those if you want to save some money, AND you hearing.
  6. I get big bags of foam plugs for when I'm biking!

There's a lot of wind noise inside your lid....but I'm not so worried about frequency response when I'm biking. 3M ones were good - when you can get them cheap.....
  7. i was looking at the er-20s and they look exactly the smae as the hearos hi-fi series, i went to the ERs site and it actually say that the ERs are made from the hearos, or i just read it wrong but it said hearos in huge lettering. if they are about the same i would just get the hearos beacuse i can just buy them a walgreens or guitar center, with the ERs i have to order them and wait and pay shiping.
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    the hearos are good and cheap. Very effective. They will muffle sound. But if you have a noodling guitar player, the attenuation of the hearos is GOLDEN! That would be the way to go. They are the most comfy that are cheap. I don't like the rubber reuseable ones so much because they hurt the inside of my ears after a while, but they do work as well.

9. You know - if memory serves I think you might be right!

Based on your initial post - I'd get whatever you can get asap and start using them asap - if it's the hearos....go get 'em!