Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ear protection

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Jul 9, 2002.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    What is the best form of ear protection?

I have heard that the generic foam earplugs don't do anything to protect hearing.

I am in a loud rock band and I have noticed my wife saying "Turn the TV down, it's so loud!" I want to be able to hear when I'm 50.

Any help on what to buy, where to buy, and prices would be great. Thanks.

2. This is more suited to "Miscellaneous"

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Mike Dimin sells some very good under fifteen dollars a pair earplugs. Go down to his forum and ask or search. you can buy them at his website. I have a pair, they really quite good.

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    As Blisshead said, the ER-20´s are very good.

http://www.michaeldimin.com

I bought three pairs a couple of months ago, very prompt and good service from Mike!

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

Yeah thats my gripe out em too. I got a pack of Hearos (8 pairs in it) and it does 30 dB protection. It blocks out the sound, but you can't hear crap with them on, resulting in you having to play louder to sort of hear yourself. To put it to you, with the Hearos on, you can hear the drums perfectly, but everything else, in my situation, the bass, guitarists (3) and keyboard, are drowned out.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There are some good foam plug available.

I like Hearos, www.hearos.com