Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by gareth, Sep 21, 2003.

1. gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    I posted a thread under Miscellaneous about how I am suffering ear ringing after gigs

As a result of one of the replies I have now purchased some of your earplugs through your e-shop today

I wondered if you had any further advice you could give me about how to avoid this problem apart from the obvious of getting the band to turn down!

For instance does position on stage matter, most of the gigs i play are small club gigs and the stages are usually quite small. We've got two guitars, bass, drums and vocals and I stand inbetween the drummer and one of the guitarists. I stand right in front of my rig (Trace Elliot 400 watt valve amp and 1 x 15 and 4 x 10.

I have tried using "Docs Proplugs" but these seem to cut out so much of the sound. I'm hoping your earplugs will be an improvement.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm afraid that if the problem persists I will have to change the type of music I play from the current rock covers ( which i'm really enjoying) back to jazz

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"

I am not a physician or an audiologist, so I would be hesitant to make medical recommendations. Check out H.E.A.R. on the web, they might have specific recommendations. Personally, I would stay as far away from that ride cymbal as possible