Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ear training software

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by wushuguy, Feb 26, 2003.

1. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I don't know if everyone has seen these yet or not, but here are a couple of ear training programs that I just started using.
    The first one is like a 'roided up version of the ear trainer on activebass.com. It's a free program, and can do just about anything. You can find it here. www.miles.be .
    The second one, I just got. I'm really excited about this program. It's pretty much an interactive interval training program. It will play a series of notes (giving you the starting position on the fretboard), then play them again with you playing along (this time showing you the position of every note). It is for guitar and bass. There is an option for 4, 5, or 6 string bass. And this one really does almost anything. It costs $40, but I thinking it's going to be worth it. They also have a free demo on their site. You can find it here: www.byEar.com .

2. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    I posted a topic about learning the fretboard.
    The software is Fretboard Warrior. The sofware play random notes on the fretboard and you have to indentify hem correctly. You can also use it has a ear training tool, You close your eyes!
    The game is 15$. I bought it, and I am very pleased.

www.fretboardwarrior.com

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    www.musictheory.net intervals, chords and scales....its a pretty good program that is designed to try and trick you(it might play the same exact scale 3 times in a row to make sure you are paying attention) the online version chugs a little but it doesn't really affect the over all purpose. you can download it, but I haven't used to download version yet, I'm sure its very similiar.

also, www.good-ear.com has some stuff...but I don't like the layout, and it really only works well if you have a fast connection

4. skaboy

skaboy

Oct 16, 2001
    NZ
    I really recommend earmasterpro 4 , try checking out their site www.earmaster.com. I got it off my friend so I am pretty pleased. :p

5. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I really like the Ear Master Pro 4. That and the one on byEar.com are going to make a great combination.