Ear training Software

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by BenHack, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Hey everyone

I'm looking for some suggestions for a Mac compatable ear training program. I'd like it to be able to cover chords from basic triads all the way through to complex altered chords as well as intervals (ascending, descending, played in unison). It would alo be cool if it had scales as well. I'm assuming that those that you can get have a testing function but in case they don't I need that as well. Cheers.

2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I know this isn't software, but www.musictheory.net has a free ear training feature. They also have a plethora of lessons and such.
  3. Thanks Stephen

I'm currently using a web based program and alhough it's good my slow connection makes it take for ever. I really wanted software so I can do as much ear training in 3o min per day as I can cram in. Thanks for the suggestion though. C-YA

4. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    No problem. If I come across anything, I'll be sure to let you know.
  5. Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    How do you delete posts?
  6. chardin

Sep 18, 2000
  7. I believe Practica Musica does at least most of what you want. I'm using it on an old iMac. It basically works OK but different updates seem to have different bugs. (Which is surprising considering its been around for some time). It has a rather large number of exercises and most of them can be customized.

For just intervals I use some software which used to be free called clarion.