Ear training type

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by maxy, May 11, 2005.

1. maxy

Jun 24, 2004
    I was searching on ear training and found
    "Ear Training: One Note Complete Method
    by Bruce Arnold" convincing that is neither interval based nor fake perfect pitch. Its identifying notes within a key.

Anybody have experience with this type of ear training?

And also i know a program called function ear training based on the same concept. Do i need the buy the book if i just use the program?
  2. Is the second one you're thinking of Functional Ear Trainer? I think it's a good program, which can teach you to pick out notes after hearing a few chords from a key. That's a handy skill. It's a free program, so you might as well try it. I haven't used it enough to see major progress, but I'm a little better than I was before.
  3. burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    I've tried that program, I can usually pick out notes, but only on piano. Notes on bass sound totally different. Also, that program's random function is weird. Once I got one note ten times in a row, and one note hadn't been played at all.
  4. bass samurai

bass samurai Guest

Jul 7, 2003
    What ear-training methods are you guys using? I'm studying out of this book from MI which seems pretty good so far. I was checking out cyber fret & came across a perfect pitch course & I was wondering if anyone's had success with it.