Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

earache my eye

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ryan morris, Oct 24, 2000.

1. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    this is the funniest gig i saw in a movie. yep, cheech and chong's "up in smoke" movie. at the end the whole show they did. man, i love that song.

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Is that the one...where Cheech is dressup in the Ballerina costume....jumping around...playing the guitar? I haven't seen it in quite some time, but it is funny as he11!! :D:D

3. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    you got it deynn. it is the funniest. i think all kinds of bands went on to re-make that song too. korn even did a remake of it. the bass part is awesome for that song. you need a low b, but it is an effective, easy song to play.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Everybody tells me the way I got to live
    But I don't listen to them
    Cause my head is like a sieve

The basketball coach threw me off the team
    For wearing high heeled sneakers
    And acting like a queen

+++++++++

Man, they just don't write lyrics like that any more!!!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

da da da, da da da, DA DA da.

Mama talkin' to me tryin' to tell me how to live.

But I don't listen to her 'cuz my head is like a sieve.

'It's punk rock, man. You don't got to know how to play, you just got to be a punk.'

:D

6. Rockinjc

Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    Michigan
    I'll bite...who's got tabs?
    j

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Man...now I'm gonna have to find that movie and watch it again...:D

8. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    i meant to say you need a low A, whether you tune your E string down(this sounds crazy, but cool) or have a fiver and tune your B down. The tab that i got was on basstabarchive and under korn, for earache my eye.

9. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    oh, and the korn cd is follow the leader. it is on the very end. you have to wait about 12 of **** to get to it, but it's worth it. i wouldn't suggest buying the cd though. just steal it from somebody.
    later

10. Heck, you can steal it from Korn themselves by getting it from Napster! :D

11. If memory serves, I think Cheech and Chong borrowed that song from a first wave punk band. I want to say The Dickies or the Dead Boys, but I can't remember right now. If you look, you can probably find out.

12. did you notice what Chong was the playing the drums with? A pair of wooden dildos.

13. ryan morris

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    man, i thought those drum sticks looked very large. and is the bass player really playing? it didn't seem right to me.

14. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    actually the first i ever heard that song was a cover by Scatterbrain. its actually very well done and fun. if anyonoe remembers them or the album it was from alot of their stuff was interesting and fun, like bach and mozart remakes with dueling guitars and bass melodies. and who can forget the fun song Down With the Ship?

cant remember the album name, something liek Here Comes Trouble.

15. best line in the movie if you watch it again
    "Hey man i didn't know your name was Alex?"

16. enderbass14

enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    nice sig dude- rancid rules! you want a good bassline? try journey to the east coast (or whatever) off of "And out come the wolves". The beginning part is fun to play.