1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

earcandy cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, May 9, 2006.

1. i've been searching around for a 1x10 cab to use mith my upright and electric for jazz gigs, (i was looking at small combos but decided i'd like something a bit more powerful) and i stumbled across these guys. lots of options, i e-mailed them about what type of wood and speaker to look at and they e-mailed me back within 10 minutes telling me exactly what i needed, does it get better than that? anyway does anyone have these cabs? how are they? they told me they're working on one for an upright player at berklee right now, the reason he knew exactly what i wanted, which means can't be too bad. thanks guys.

topher.

2. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    i have two. a bassbomb and a bassangel. both 2 by 12s and they rock. tim paulson is the owner and he is the best customer service out there. earcandys awesome. read the reviews on harmony central and you will understand and talk to tim about exactly what you want and he will deliver. :bassist: :bassist:

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Their bass cabs look like they're probably pretty nice guitar cabs.

Do a seach around here, and you'll see some real feedback beyond Earcandy's outlandish ad-copy propaganda.

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    O_RLY.

5. haha nice. has anyone besides name changed used these, no offense but you're a young bassist and i don't know how much you've tried out there. i read in an older thread about one pro player using an earcandy and digging it, but all the other opinions were mixed, yet opinions are all they were, hardly anyone has seemed to have actually played one, maybe i'll have to be the guinea pig on this one.

6. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Get one in pumpkin orange with a yellow grill and a blood red baffle and have them install the high-chrome stage spikes. Most soundmen love it when players put spikes in their stage floors. ;)

7. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

Remember:

Did anyone know that round ports warm the harshness of solid state amps?

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Do they make one with square ports for tube heads?

9. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

No no no!

For a tube head, you might consider their pine cabinets...as they say:

Who doesn't like JUICY wood! And who can resist a 'nice and heavy' cabinet?

10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Despite the bull**** they have on their website, I have used the 212 a few times and I really liked the sound it got when playing fingerstyle. They aren't the loudest of cabs, but they are pretty cheap. The sound has a mid bump, rolls off the highs a lot, and has pretty good bass response. I would say they are good for the money if you want an old school fingerstyle vibe and are on a budget.

11. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    LOL, I have tried around everything well known, earcandy bass cabs dont seem to soar and shine over other cabs, like aguilar GSes and edens or Epi's, but they have thier own voice, my only gripe is that you have to tinker with your eq a bit to get your own opinionated tone, but once you do, you will love and they have never boomed or farted out on me, except if you go double the rms rated handling( 2000 watts for each of mine) and overload the speakers.if you guys want i can make a vid if that would help your guys curiosity for all the claims of these cabs.:bassist: :bassist:

edit: o yeah and if you guys want to hear something crazy, my black bassbomb has a stained mohagany front and a burl walnut back, both with with reddish mohagany stained and laquered. the bassangel, which is the other earcandy i have is the last earcandy with a tweeter package he is making, i dont know why exactly, but that one is orange naugahyde with a orange stain pine front. Pics tomorrow i dont feel like taking pics cuz i need to study for a math test, lol, peace.

12. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yep..lets see all the cabs and basses.

13. Geoff St. Germaine

Get pics of your other gear too. The other bass pic you posted was straight off the manufacturer's website.

14. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    So here is the earcandy orange bassangel with the tweeter.
    I am at my moms house right now and this is all i have at her house and my head rack unit power amp/preamp. isnt the bass angel a beauty of a cab?:bassist: :bassist: threw in my sisters bird for laughs, cute little birdy.:hyper:

i made a photobucket right now and once i am able to take pics of the collection, i will put em up on that.
    http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i4/falasiri123/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image

also how do you guys put your pics straight up on this post you know, when you guys just have the pics right there?

15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You need a password to see your pics.

16. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    how can i show you guys it like everyone else does full size right here?

17. Geoff St. Germaine

Photobucket gives you a properly formatted link below each picture that you upload. It is enclosed in the IMG tags. Just copy and paste it into your reply.

18. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Or you can use imageshack.com... Thats my favorite at least.

19. Name Changed

Name Changed Banned

Apr 22, 2006
    Sarasota,FLORIDA
    ok.
    bassangel001.
    bassangel004.
    bassangel002.
    f680aba1.

yay thanks it worked.

20. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Is that a tweeter in the cab? I thought Ear Candy didn't do any tweeters...