1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Early 20th century German shop bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Herbie 80's, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    Hi,

I'm selling my early 20th century German shop bow. This bow is a factory bow most likely from the 1920's to 30's. It is made out of brazilwood, and was verbally appraised last year for $650. I am selling it for $250, as I don't use it anymore.

The tip is not perfect, and has no ivory part. However, it has been like this for years, and the last trip it had to an archetier, he said it wasn't an issue.

The bow is probably on the heavier side of 140 grams, or up. Unfortunately, I don't have a scale. It isn't tip heavy, and the balance is very good. It isn't in need of a new rehair, either. It has been kept in good shape, with the eyelet being replaced last year, and some work being done on the frog. It is in very good condition right now.

This bow was my main bow for almost three years, and was replaced by a Prochownik. It has been through the orchestral rounds, and has proven itself worthy. It has played Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, Sibelius, Saint Saens, Dukas, and much more. It is very loud, and has a nice smooth tone. It fits very well into a section. I played section chair with this bow for a long time, and at times over-powered the first chair. It would make a fine student bow, jazzer bow, or a section bow.

To reiterate, I am asking $250 for a verbally appraised $650 early 20th century factory German bow. It is not in need of a rehair, and is in very good condition. I am not as open to trades as I need to make money after a new bass purchase.

I can send it for trial, and will waive a deposit if I have seen your name several times on TB or you have a good feedback rating.

Here are some images:
    BfpRi.
    XHBnq.
    vYaNB.
    Lg3Rw.

2. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    Super bump! Willing to sell this at $150. It's a great bow!

3. Herbie 80's

Herbie 80's

Dec 15, 2008
    Bow has been sold. Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.