Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

early 60's jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peccavi, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    i was just wondering what and early 60's jazz bass went for?
    i found one and i think it is a 63' but i am not sure. this girl i know has it and i might get it for $300. she got it when her grand father died and told me she knows what it's worth but will give it to me for $300. she says it's worth $1200. is that true? i bet alot of you are like you bastard, but i seem good at finding deals. i got a trace elliot full stack for $400 ounce.

2. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    I recently bought a refinished 1964 jazzbass for $2400.

An 100% original '63 jazzbass should be worth about $3500 - $5000

It depends if it has original case, ashtray, pickup cover and such things.

Greetings from Norway,

-hoel

3. Hmm lets see, $400.00 an ounce for a trace stack, somewhere around $70,000!! Good deal! ;)

4. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    ok so i put ounce instead of once. i paid $400 for the whole thing once. :)

but the bass is intack original everything, the only problem is a scratch mark from a belt on the back to the clear coat. i am goinr to see it and take pictures maybe in a week.

5. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    ounces hum.... :smug: :ninja:

6. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    Oh and on topic on ebay there is one going for $3500.

7. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    You bastard! (Someone had to say it right?)

8. I picked up my refinished 65 for around $1100. I've seen a stripped (body) 62 for $1800.

If you do get it, please be careful with it. It's not just an instrument, it's a piece of history.

9. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    If you're worried about the beltbuckle scratches, lemme know I'll get it for that price! (You bastard!) :bassist: :D

10. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I'll take 3 !

11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    hey - If it checks out, I'll give you $400 for it (sight unseen) +shipping. That's an easy hundred buck for you. You can't loose.

She "knows what it's worth" but will sell it to you for $300?!
    ...somebody has a crush on you!

12. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    oh i don't care about the scratch, i am still going to buy it. but she i s all about punk and they where those belts with stubs all over them. they do damage!! but either way it will be mine.