1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Early 80’s Tokai Hard Puncher

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyleeboxer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    62094C33-F4E8-4B5D-A7B1-D5B0593008C7. Got this bass on a trade and all I can say is it’s an amazing bass! Anyone that knows about these basses will tell they are as good as MIA Fender. Neck is straight and frets are good with no buzz, my understanding is the frets were leveled and dressed not long ago. Neck width feel is in-between P and Jazz. Great P bass tone and plays really really well. Body does have patch area that was perhaps a sticker on before and has some paint checking, buckle rash, and few nicks here and there but nothing major, it’s a player for sure! Everything but knobs and pick guard screws seems to be original. Bass is under 9lbs and overall feels very balanced and light.

$600 shipped conus w/gig bag

Attached Files:

2. dogdays

dogdays

Mar 30, 2018
    ohio
    any interest in a trade?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  3. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Ohh boy, whatcha got? Maybe a light weight jazz... although I need another bass like a hole in the head ;)

Pbassmanca likes this.
  4. dogdays

dogdays

Mar 30, 2018
    ohio
    fretless ibanez semi-hollow body. 7 lbs, set up with la bella flexible flats. as new condition. here's the original thread with pics:

SOLD - Ibanez SRH500F - Another Price Drop!

beautiful bass, great sound and neck, but since i bought it my musical world has taken a sudden turn from jazz to funk/motown. i need a thumper. and i really like vintage MIJ.

5. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Sorry already have my SR800 which has been in a case for years but your Ibby is beautiful!!!
    Funny I was using the Tokai in a Motown project but I’ve got my 70s Fender P but the Tokai with flats and Motown is the bomb

Pbassmanca and dogdays like this.
  6. dogdays

dogdays

Mar 30, 2018
    ohio
    thanks, she is a looker. i'm flats and p bass guy too for the funky funk.
    i've actually played an THP back in the day and yes, it is the bomb.
    i might just come back and buy it.

Pbassmanca and wyleeboxer like this.
  7. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Weight is is a very light 8.1lbs

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. kbuschmann

kbuschmann Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    What's the level of depth on that patch? In the picture it looks like more than just surface paint.

9. wyleeboxer

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    It’s seems to be left over material from the patch or sticker then painted over. I may just sand it down and have the finish matched as best as possible in a relic kind of way?