Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Early 90's Fender color chart needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ian Perge, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Would any of the Fender fans here happen to have (and be able to scan, if possible) a color chart or "Fender Frontline" from the early 1990's (up until '94). Specifically, I'm looking for the colors in which the "Jazz Plus V" series was available for an upcoming refinishing job. I'm looking for the name of this color (It could be the photo, but it looks too dark to be Candy Apple Red);

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance! :D

2. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Sorry, I don't know where you can get a color chart for that era, but I have a 1992 Fender HM5 that has a color similar to that. It's not as dark as the bass in the picture, but that could be the lighting. Anyway, mine is what Fender called "Chrome Red." It leans toward metallic pink.

3. neptune

neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    Maryland
    Here's a picture.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Why are you refinishing it?

5. Ian Perge

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I'd actually like to refinish it to that color (hence my need for the name. ;) ). I recently bought a mint Plus V on eBay, but it's black, and I'm too far removed from my "metal" days to play a black bass. The picture is of one that I was outbid on in December. (In retrospect, a good thing - I got one in much better condition for a price so good I should be charged with larceny. :D )

6. here's a list from two 92 and 93 catalogues I've got of the colours available for the Jazz Plus 5;

06 black
    15 lipstick red
    21 natural ash
    32 brown sunburst
    47 caribbean mist
    73 midnight blue
    75 midnight wine
    77 frost red
    80 arctic white
    90 blue pearl burst
    91 black pearl burst

midnight wine, perhaps?

7. Ian Perge

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Thanks, MTR! "Midnight Wine" was on the short list of possabilities, but you've given me the answer. :D

Now, if I could only find an ash-bodied Plus V... :eek: