1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Early Black Flag

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hutzbordello, Apr 15, 2010.

1. I really like pre Rollins black flag quite a bit, not that I dislike Henry.

2. yea keith was prob the best vocalist, and robo is just a legend playing for black flag and the misfits

greg and chuck pretty much own too

I hate what Ron did to them like later in their career, when he threw a brick at them and stopped them from going into canada for some shows.

He was good in the Decline though

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yeah I like pre-Rollins BF too. I don't really dig Rollins that much as a musician.

4. The Henry Rollins band is pretty un-listenable.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yep. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he ruined Black Flag, but I have noticed that I don't own anything that they've done after he joined the band. I just kind of lost interest in them at that point. I do however like some of his poetry and writing.

6. I like his tv show and we went and saw his spoken word a couple years ago. He is two things: Extremely short, and extremely nice / humble, IMO.

I have a warm spot in my hear for Damaged. Other than that, I don't really go there.

7. I wouldnt say he is that short, he's about 5ft 10 or so, which is pretty average? Tho granted, I'm a bit on the taller end of things. His spoken word is awesome, saw him a few years back. Basically a 3 hour rant, good times!

I like most Black Flag, heck, for long enough my band used to cover Nervous Breakdown. Have to admit, I do like the Rollins Band stuff too tho!

wwhrd-black.

8. there's no way he's 5'10". I feel like he's 5'8" or so. The crowd around him towered over him (my wife is 5'11", I'm 6'5", my friend who was there is like 6'1"). He had just gotten back from Iran, and talked about it extensively in his spoken word. My wife is half Iranian, so they sat outside and talked for like 20 min.

One of the funniest band stories I've ever heard is the one about Henry headbanging and putting his knee on a monitor simultaneously, kneeing himself in the head in front of 70,000 people in Brazil, knocking himself out. He woke up bleeding on the ground and didn't realize what happened till someone told him.

9. 5ft 9.5 inch going by the internet, for all thats worth.

Aye, I towered over him too, I'm just an inch shorter than you. Pretty cool that they chatted away for 20 mins or so :)

Aye, I heard about that too, I think they actually used a clip from when he did it in one of the Rollins Band videos, tho I can't remember which one.

10. (quite possibly Get Some, Go Again)

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    My friend's bass teacher was Kira Roessler

12. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Am I alone in liking later era black flag? I'm a sucker for flipper, and they started to gain that sound, which I loved.