1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Early Kingston series MTD questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZionBound, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    Hey could one of you bassologists give me a little insight about the MTD Kingston 4 fretless (not the Artist 4 or the Heir 4 or the KZ 4 or any of the other newer Kingston models)

This bass is from Korea, has one MM pup, two controls -volume and tone- and a lined ebonol fretboard. I have looked everywhere on the internet and it's beggining to look like I may have the only one in existence:ninja:

Does anybody know anything more than I just described? Oh and btw the bass sounds amazing with some EB flatwounds on it. Thanks for any help.:bassist:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    There are others. I have seen them.

3. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    What exactly are you looking to find out that your own bass can't tell you? A lot of the specs are 100% MTD - asym neck, zero fret, buzz feiten tuning, etc. IIRC.

4. ZionBound

ZionBound

Dec 12, 2008
    well since it is fretless it doesn't have the zero fret or the BFTS, but all that aside I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about them. You know like some super secret knowledge. Because I literally could not find another one like it anywhere on the web. I have been eyeballing this particular bass for about 7mos and finally pulled the trigger on it because it sounds amazing and the neck is amazing. All around its a killer guitar and I was wondering why there wasn't much out there about them. But between this bass and my MTD Kingston Heir 5, I am an official Kingston series fan