Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Early-mid 80's Peavey USA Foundation S (P/J) -- cheap

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vic, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    SOLD.

I just got this "players bass", but my intended use evaporated on me, so it's up fer grabs again.

I just want to basically turn it over and get my money back out, so I'll flip it for $150 for local pickup, or $175-180 shipped/48.

I believe it's an early-mid 80's model, body is either poplar or alder, flamed maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. I THINK the pickups are humbucking, but not sure. VVT config, everything works fine.

I did a pretty decent setup on it, adjusted the truss rod, set the microtilt, set the action, cleaned the body and fingerboard, oiled the fingerboard and polished the frets, restrung with quality nickel strings. The intonation is pretty close, so I didn't tweak that. Adjust to taste.

A few notables...
    • Part of the neck actually has a pretty significant flame to it.
    • The neck has a micro-tilt adjustment, which is GREAT for setups.
    • Truss rod takes a socket type adjuster (not an allen key like most today), which I ordered and will include at no extra charge
    • This bass plays exceptionally well
    • Molded OHSC (pictured) included

All that said, cosmetically, it's a player. Lotsa' wear, but NONE of it is into the wood. Prime candidate for a refin if you want to mess around with that (not my thing), but not really required.

You can see how the finish is pretty dulled right in the "slap" area, and I tried to show nicks like on the back and near the output jack, etc, as well as the buckle rash on the back, but the neck is in great shape. No dents or scratches in the play area that I noticed.

Everything works and sounds just fine, and the action is really nice, as I hope you can sorta' see. Really nice P/J tone.

If I didn't already have a great passive bass, I'd hang onto it for something that can just stay plugged in all the time. :)

Anyway, here it is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Woah, it I didn't know better, I'd say that you just stole my bass! I have the same exact thing, and it's a fatastic bass. Good price, too/

3. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Get yerself a backup bass. You can have it tomorrow for 150. :)

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah... My wife nearly killed me for the first one. I do like the flamey neck. Mine is really plain, but it feels and sounds great.

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Tell her I threatened you and you had no choice. I could probably find a rubber knife in the kids' toy chest, you could claim it looked real... LOL!!!!

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    My case is nicer, though... I also just got an Epi P/J knockoff I am going to be doing crazy stuff to. Got a body laying around?

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Not that the police know about... I think... :D

8. E-mail sent

9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    on hold.

10. Oh snap.. I love this thing! If anything falls through, let me know!

-ryan-

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    You got it, but he sounded pretty solid on it. I'll post here on confirm/fallthrough, so you'll know one way or another.

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    SOLD.

13. Congrats! she's a purty bass!!!

-ryan-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.