SOLD Early SWR Workingman's 12 Combo for sale...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bigoo7e, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is a early SWR Workingman's 12 Combo... serial # 29xx, great combo for the money. $250 plus shipping, I take verified paypal or USPS money order only.

I would love to sell local but I don't know many fellow TBers that are local to me but if any local's are interested I will be willing to meet within an hour of Bossier City, Louisiana 71112 zip code. The only reason I am selling this combo is to get me a half stack to give me something that has more power and flexibility so this one has to go.

2. Monday bump... How does $250 FIRM!!! shipped sound?

Guys and gals, I really cant let this puppy go for less than this... This is a great deal on a wonderful little combo amp. :help:
  3. skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    How does a jazz bass sound threw it? im looking for an amp that puts a out bright tone even with fairly dead strings, unlike my crate
  4. Well I have my MIJ 75' Jazz Bass RI, with dead as a doornail strings and it sounds good through it, do keep in mind SWR amps are very clean sounding... what you put in is what you get out. You can check out some reviews on it here the July 99' issue of Bass Player magazine gave this combo "Top Tone" and "Best Built" awards.

Here is the "sound" rating from the article and what others said about it in the magazine itself.

Sound [5] Pro sound as soon as you hit POWER. Limiter stays active during slapping but stays clean without chopping out the lows. The best amp for those who play electric and acoustic. "Versatile. Really comes alive when you dig in." "Tighter than the Ampeg-more modern." "That 'finger on string' sound." "Fairly transparent sound with a P-Bass." "Top that strings!" Drummer comment: "The upright feels more like acoustic bass."

Thanks for looking... any takers, anyone... anyone? :ninja:
  5. Wednesday night Bump...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.