Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Earnie Ball Musicman Stingray 4........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Silent9bass, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Silent9bass

Silent9bass

Oct 9, 2004
    I saw a used 4 string Stingray at my local Guitar Center yesterday. They were asking $800 for this bass in extreemly good condition. The action was perfect and it was cosmetically flawless and comes with a hard case. I was looking on ebay last night to see what they have been going for and it seems like they are usually $750-1000 after shipping. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys or can I probably get one for less?
    Thanks,
    Phil

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    800 is usually the standard price for a used Stingray, they actually usually go for higher. If you like it, go for it and you'll have an excellent bass.

3. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    I picked mine up for $600 w/a generic HSC. It was in great condition. I just bought an SR5 in great condition for $850 w/OHSC.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Go for it, baby. That's a good price for a great bass.

5. I'd get it without thinking. Stingray's are great, especially at that price

6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    800 bucks - are you kidding me ???? In Denmark, where I live, a used Stingray goes for about 2000 usd. A new one for about 3500 usd. Lucky bastard............ :)

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Do it. Try and haggle with them. Offer them like $725, or $750. Guitar Center is an easy place to snag a bargain.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  9. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I would rather buy a bass at a local shop if it is a god price rather than deal with ebay. You also get to play it first and have them set it up.

10. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I second the opinion on dealing with Scott Cutrer. He and I have done a lot of buying, selling, trading, I think he gave me some trinkets for an island, and he is one great guy and he always has good basses that he never keeps, God bless him.