Earnie Ball Musicman Stingray 4........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Silent9bass, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Silent9bass

Oct 9, 2004
    I saw a used 4 string Stingray at my local Guitar Center yesterday. They were asking $800 for this bass in extreemly good condition. The action was perfect and it was cosmetically flawless and comes with a hard case. I was looking on ebay last night to see what they have been going for and it seems like they are usually $750-1000 after shipping. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys or can I probably get one for less?
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    800 is usually the standard price for a used Stingray, they actually usually go for higher. If you like it, go for it and you'll have an excellent bass.
  3. Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    I picked mine up for $600 w/a generic HSC. It was in great condition. I just bought an SR5 in great condition for $850 w/OHSC.
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Go for it, baby. That's a good price for a great bass.
  5. I'd get it without thinking. Stingray's are great, especially at that price
  6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    800 bucks - are you kidding me ???? In Denmark, where I live, a used Stingray goes for about 2000 usd. A new one for about 3500 usd. Lucky bastard............ :)
  7. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Do it. Try and haggle with them. Offer them like $725, or $750. Guitar Center is an easy place to snag a bargain.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  9. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I would rather buy a bass at a local shop if it is a god price rather than deal with ebay. You also get to play it first and have them set it up.
  10. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I second the opinion on dealing with Scott Cutrer. He and I have done a lot of buying, selling, trading, I think he gave me some trinkets for an island, and he is one great guy and he always has good basses that he never keeps, God bless him.