Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 2, 2001.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

I was wondering, could someone tell me about earphoneamps? Thing is, I'd need some tiny&cheap amp for practising at the barracks, and for not terrorizing my fellow medics usage of earphones would seem perfect :p

Also, are there phoneamps specially designed for bass, or are there just general boxes?
  2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Here are some links I hope that may help - they are all for bass-specific headphone amps. There are lots more for guitars:

Rockman Bass Ace Headphone Amp

Fodera Private Practice Bass Headphone Amp/Preamp

Bass Mycro Headphone Amp

Pocket Rock-It Standard Bass Headphone Amp

Sadowsky Bass Preamp/D.I./Headphone Amp

RavenLabs PHA-1 Professional Preamp/Headphone Amp

Dean Bass in a Box Bass Headphone Amp

Cheers! :)
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Good list BG, but you left out the best choice I've found so far: Korg PX3B. Go to www.korg.com, click on the link to the PX3B (can't do a direct link for some reason), and check out the features it has. Of particular interest to practicing bassists are the built-in drum/metronome patterns, the ability to use the aux in to mix the output of a CD/tape player with your bass signal, and the digital phrase sampler. There's a butt-load of built in effects as well, which I basically ignore ;). To top it all off it's small, about the size of a cassette tape case. It's also fairly inexpensive, list is around $250, and most places will sell them for about $185-190.