Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Earphoneamps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 2, 2001.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hi,

I was wondering, could someone tell me about earphoneamps? Thing is, I'd need some tiny&cheap amp for practising at the barracks, and for not terrorizing my fellow medics usage of earphones would seem perfect :p

Also, are there phoneamps specially designed for bass, or are there just general boxes?

2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Here are some links I hope that may help - they are all for bass-specific headphone amps. There are lots more for guitars:

Rockman Bass Ace Headphone Amp

Fodera Private Practice Bass Headphone Amp/Preamp

Bass Mycro Headphone Amp

Pocket Rock-It Standard Bass Headphone Amp

Sadowsky Bass Preamp/D.I./Headphone Amp

RavenLabs PHA-1 Professional Preamp/Headphone Amp

Dean Bass in a Box Bass Headphone Amp

Cheers! :)

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Good list BG, but you left out the best choice I've found so far: Korg PX3B. Go to www.korg.com, click on the link to the PX3B (can't do a direct link for some reason), and check out the features it has. Of particular interest to practicing bassists are the built-in drum/metronome patterns, the ability to use the aux in to mix the output of a CD/tape player with your bass signal, and the digital phrase sampler. There's a butt-load of built in effects as well, which I basically ignore ;). To top it all off it's small, about the size of a cassette tape case. It's also fairly inexpensive, list is around $250, and most places will sell them for about $185-190.