1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eartech vs................................... IEM

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Red Planet, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Anyone using Eartech IEM ears?
    Their pricing is just so much better than everyone else.
    I have been look at their 6 driver custom molded ears and I'm pretty sure I'm going to order them.
    I have a drummer friend who has them and he says their great.
    For 6 driver anything else I have sen is out of my budget.

I was told their pricing is better because there are no middle men, distributes, dealers etc....

Eartech Music - Custom IEM Systems for All Budgets

The best pricing I could get on the Westones was $1150.00 out the door with impressions.

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    To be honest, never heard of them and I've been using IEM's for at least 7 yrs. I am familiar with most of the major vendors from 1964, Westone, Alclair, JH, UE, Alien, etc.
    I was not able to find the 6-driver model on their site.. They have "quints" (5's) but if you go to their design studio, only quads are available as a choice.
    They remind me of 1964 being an upstart when they started out 10 (?) yrs ago.
    Similar pricing.. I paid $550 for 1964 quads 5 yrs ago..
    $599 + impressions is a GOOD price in today's market.

musicman7722 likes this.
  3. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yes their website is a little quirky they also sell six driver models but they're not even listed on their website that's what I'm purchasing they are 699 and these guys make them there originally when I talk to them I've been a couple of years ago the guy told me that they were small they made their product in house and they were just able to sell their product for less than others and they were happy to do so. I have a friend who recommended them that's how I found out about them I'm pretty sure I've got to take the plunge but I thought I'd make a post to see if anybody knows anything about them other than what I already know

4. Ill stick with my quad driver kz zs6's with triple flange tips for now. They where only $45 and sound better then most stuff ive played in the $600 range they are also supposed to be releasing a new model this year with 5 drivers and I may end up swinging for those unless I can try something that sounds that level at a reasonable price. I just cant justify paying $600+ when I can get the kz that cheap and still prefer the sound. This is just my opinion and I hope the price starts coming down on in ears as a whole from companies like kz.

Red Planet likes this.
  5. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    I've listened to the them also and they really DO sound good.. However, the caveat is that they are universal fit and don't work for me and many others.
    I have small canals and would LOVE to be able to get anyway with universals.. and trust me I tried many - until an audiologist visit. Even the smallest tips would lose seal no matter the type of tip.
    I'm stuck with customs.. and the Eartech's seem reasonably priced.
    PS: I LOVE my 1964 A8's -- FWIW

Ethereal Thorn and Red Planet like this.
  6. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta

agreed I currently am using the Shure se535 but they have the universal fit and I definitely need a better fit / seal

7. Red Planet

Red Planet

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Oddly enough I guess it depends on one's perspective most 6 driver ears are around the $1,300 range so to me the $700 ones are a bargain

Geri O likes this.