Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Earth Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Has anyone heard of "Earth" Cabinets? I have found two 1x15s that a guy is selling for $100. These were made in the 80s and have been used for a PA. I am planning on adding them to my bass rig but am curious about the brand as I have never heard of it.

2. I had an Earth B1000 100 Watt tube bass head. It was a copy of a Fender Bassman 100 head. Decent head. It worked good for as long as I owned it. Traded it for something. If the speakers sound good, they're probably fine.

That's all I know.

Chris

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I can't find anyone parting with Earth equipment on Ebay... Maybe that is a good sign. :) At $100 for 2 1x15 cabs I know I can't go wrong... Just looking for more info as I am sure this will be the last thing I buy for a long time. Wifey is begining to do the eyebrow raising thing. Thanks for your reply by the way! :p

4. eons ago i had an earth 250 or 300 watt bass head, i think it was called a superbass and a matching cab w 2 , 15" speakers,front ported, not sure if it had a horn. it was almost a direct ripoff of a peavey.( i think maybe the peavey was the superbass ) they looked identical and i bought the whole rig new for 600.new, that was late 70s early 80s im not so sure id like it now but back then it was pretty good. one thing i remember i never blew a speaker, and im good at that! for the $ i doubt you will be hurt if you just want 2 functioning cabs. earth sound research went out of business, i did find schematic info on the product just recently although. if you like high end stuff, this isnt it. but youll probably have good luck as i did with mine..... good luck

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Checked out those Earth Cabs... They had 1 15, a tweeter and a horn each... they looked awesome, except for a bit of tolex damage. Normal wear and tear stuff... The only problem I had with em was that they distorted the low frequencies. I was like, doh! I guess there was a reason that they were used as PA cabs. By the way, they also had some kind of a knob on the back... maybe a volume... so I suspect these could be plugged in for some extra umph or something. Drats. I was looking forward to 2 more 15s... :p

6. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    I still have my old Earth rig.I got it back in 74 or 75.The head is the Superbass B-2000,200 watts/all tube.The cab is a B-25,2X15 with Altec Lansings.This is a nice sounding rig and plenty loud.It does not have the hifi sound of cabs like SWR,etc but its a good sound.Only complaint i have is lugging the cab up/down stairs.For this reason id like to sell it.The cabs in very good condition.Im asking 200 if your interested.

7. If it's an Ampeg B25 cabinet, where are you located? I'm looking for one for my B25B head.

I think my friend had the Earth Superbass B-2000. Does it use (4) 6L6's? If I remember correctly, his did, and was only 100 Watts, but with 2 input channels, therefore B-2000. Mine was B-1000, 100 Watts with 1 input channel.

Chris