1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Earthbound Audio back in business

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by K2000, Jan 9, 2012.

1. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Looks like Mark at Earthbound Audio is back. According to his site, he'll be making a few Beasts every month, plus Centurions, and maybe some other custom pedals (?) but the Supercollider is still retired from production.

I really like his pedals, so I think this is good news.

His website has some new video demos, including a bass demo of the Supercollider, Beast and Centurion.

Earthbound Audio

2. As a Supercollider advocate and fanboy I am elated he stuck to it. Some of the "flavor of the week/month" pedals on Talkbass are all hype and don't really deliver the goods, but the Supercollider slays...every time. On his blog Mark mentioned something about upcoming production models, and one of them being a LM308 based distortion.

Now TBers, if Mark's take on the Muff yielded the world with the (THEE) Supercollider...imagine what he could do with the Rat.

Also the Centurion not only looks mean, it sounds meaner. The Supercollider seems half distortion/half fuzz/full tonal bliss, while the Centurion is an aggressive straight fuzz.

I am excited.

3. NeroJazz

NeroJazz

May 2, 2011
    Denmark
    He'll be out of business again within a year or two. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he's quit and started again.

4. Though nothing is certain, I'm still holding the torch for that distortion!

5. Leo thechampion

Leo thechampion

Nov 2, 2011
    I just received my Earthbound Beast only hours ago and it is awesome. I must say he communicated often as to my pedals progress. I would highly recommend him.
    Cheers
    Anthony

6. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    New Centurions look sick! Anybody knows what this pedal is based on?

7. It is apparently based on the classic Fuzz Face circuit.

8. sutarappa

sutarappa

Feb 26, 2007
    TX
    Yeah, Centurion board looks sick with carbon comp resistors. All the pedals are really cool and seem to have controls which lend themselves well to bass use. Hopefully, Mark can keep the brand going. Ain't easy, the small business venture.