1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Earthquake devices hoof fuzz V.S. Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldironsights, Mar 16, 2009.

1. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    I really like my bluebeard, but wish it had a little more balls/bass to it. Ive heard from a few people that the hoof fuzz is the answer to getting that deeper thicker punch im looking for. And am told it has a very similar sound, But Im kinda screwed for trying to find a hoof anywhere near vegas to play it much too of a boutique pedal. Any info about these pedals a/b d or from people who have them both or played both. THANKS!!!! :bassist:

2. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Neither are bass fuzzes from my understanding, more like pedals for guitarists who are tuning down. You could mod your Bluebeard for better low end and more mids if you're handy with a soldering iron. Both are Big Muff clones, so are you sure you want a Muff fuzz sound?

3. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    I would like to get more low end outta the bluebeard and the mids. I know a guy who is handy with an iron, but im not. How can I do it???? And I would like to get something sounding a bit different than the muff fuzz sound what do you recomend?? I got a vintage rat reissue and love it. I was recomended to get a way huge swollen pickle to try something a bit different.

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Something different + obnoxious beefy fuzz = Wattson Superfuzz :smug:

5. Give the Barber Trifecta fuzz a try. I have not heard a fuzz with more bass that is a muff clone. Including the two you mentioned.

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    The Supercollider also has a ton of low end and mids on tap.